- Begin by registering, KCIA will link your registration to your lab account. Accommodates multiple users per account.
- View / Print / Email /Export lab results at your convenience.
Seed Lab Services
Why should seed be tested?
The crop you harvest can only be as good as the seed you plant. No amount of extra fertilizer, favorable weather or chemicals can make up for poor quality seed.
The easiest and safest way to determine seed quality is to have it tested at a qualified seed testing laboratory. KCIA is recognized by the Society of Commercial Seed Technologists (SCST) and the Association of Official Seed Analysis (AOSA) .
In order to determine if seed is legally marketable in Kansas, a complete test (germination, purity, and noxious weed exam) is recommended. For native mixes and many CRP plantings, germination, purity, and noxious weed exams must be completed to determine PLS (Pure Live Seed) and eligibility for use.
KCIA Seed Lab Tests
- Purity Analysis
- Noxious Weed Examination
- Accelerated Aging (AA)
- Cold Test
- Seed Size (Seed Count and Screenings)
- USA Noxious Weed Examination
- Tetrazolium (TZ)
- Herbicide Tolerance
- Soybeans: Roundup, STS, Dicamba
- Wheat: Clearfield® Confirm, AXigen